LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall men’s tennis won its sixth straight contest with a 6-3 defeat of Gettysburg in Centennial Conference (CC) action Tuesday afternoon. The Diplomats improved to 8-5 (4-0 CC) while the Bullets fell to 6-5 (1-3 CC).
F&M won three of six singles matches and swept the doubles. Ross Silverberg got things started with a 6-3, 7-5 defeat over Dale Beshore. Doug Silverstein followed with a victory over Terry Keegan by scores of 6-2, 6-0.
James Tunner wrapped up singles play with a 6-0, 6-4 win against Kevin Raynes.
Armen Vartan and Cameron Relic teamed up to defeat Sebastian Rodriguez and Keegan in a tie-breaker set, 9-8, 1-0 (7-3). Peter Bookman and Silverberg picked up an 8-6 victory, defeating Chris Curran and Raynes. Tunner and Silverstein wrapped up action, defeating Beshore and Will Brinks 8-5.
Franklin & Marshall travels to Johns Hopkins on Saturday for a 10 am match. Both teams are undefeated in conference play.
Franklin & Marshall 6, Gettysburg College 3
April 6, 2010 at Lancaster, Pa.
1. Chris Curran (GC) def. Armen Vartan (F&M) 6-4, 6-4
2. Ross Silverberg (F&M) def. Dale Beshore (GC) 6-3, 7-5
3. Doug Silverstein (F&M) def. Terry Keegan (GC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Mike McLaughlin (GC) def. Cameron Relic (F&M) 1-6, 6-3, 1-0 (8-6)
5. Sebastian Rodriguez (GC) def. Eric Rouff (F&M) 6-2, 6-3
6. James Tunner (F&M) def. Kevin Raynes (GC) 6-0, 6-4
1. Armen Vartan/Cameron Relic (F&M) def. Sebastian Rodriguez/Terry Keegan (GC) 9-8, 1-0 (5-3)
2. Peter Bookman/Ross Silverberg (F&M) def. Chris Curran/Kevin Raynes (GC) 8-6
3. James Tunner/Doug Silverstein (F&M) def. Dale Beshore/Will Brinks (GC) 8-5
Gettysburg College 6-5, 1-3 CC
Franklin & Marshall 8-5, 4-0 CC