ORLANDO, Fla. – Franklin & Marshall men's tennis dropped a pair of tough 5-4 decisions on Sunday and Monday during spring break action in Orlando, Fla. The Diplomats are now 0-2 to start the season.
By the Numbers
On Sunday, F&M opened the season by taking on Wisconsin-LaCrosse, and took two of three doubles matches from the Eagles. Jack Rothman and Inigo Flores took a 9-7 win at No. 1, while Zack Levin and Will Samuels squeezed out a 9-8 (5) decision at No. 3.
Levin earned a second victory of the day in singles, earning a 7-6 (3), 6-2 win at No. 3. Andrew Pace also earned a victory in singles at No. 5 by a score of 6-4, 6-4.
On Monday against RPI, Levin and Samuels again teamed up for a victory at No. 3 doubles by an 8-0 score. Levin marked his fourth win of the spring at No. 3 singles, taking a 4-3 decision via retirement.
Flores earned a 6-1, 6-1 decision at No. 4, and Pace earned a 6-4, 6-4 win at No. 6, but the effort fell just short as the Engineers earned a 5-4 win.
1. Kyle Wogahn (UWLC) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-2, 7-5
2. Kyle McGrane (UWLC) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-4, 6-3
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Austin Stefanich (UWLC) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
4. Matt Riley (UWLC) def. Will Samuels (FMCM) 6-3, 6-4
5. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Matt Lindsay (UWLC) 6-4, 6-4
6. Simon Brandt (UWLC) def. Spencer Schifino (FMCM) 6-4, 6-4
1. Sebastian Castillo (RPI) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-2, 7-5
2. Xavier Oshinowo (RPI) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 7-6 (7-2), 3-6, 1-0 (10-5)
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Tristan Wise (RPI) 4-3, retired
4. Inigo Flores (FMCM) def. Winston Yu (RPI) 6-1, 6-1
5. Zack Ebenfeld (RPI) def. Will Samuels (FMCM) 6-2, 7-5
6. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Suryansh Patel (RPI) 6-4, 6-4
The Diplomats return to action tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. with a match against Macalester.