LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall men's tennis hosted Ursinus on Saturday afternoon for its home and Centennial Conference (CC) opener, recording an 8-1 victory over the Bears.
The Diplomats improved to 2-3, 1-0 CC, while the Bears fell to 6-2, 0-1 CC.
By the Numbers
The teams shared the three doubles matches, with the Diplomats taking two and the Bears one. Isaac Salas and Andrew Pace notched an impressive 8-1 win at No. 3, while Inigo Flores and Zack Levin cruised to an 8-2 decision at No. 2.
F&M was dominant in singles play, clinching the match with six wins and surrendering just one set as a team on the way to an 8-1 overall victory. Will Samuels rolled to a 6-4, 6-0 win at No. 5, while Jack Rothman tallied a hard-fought 6-3, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9) result at No. 1. Salas, Levin, Flores, and Pace also earned wins in singles play.
1. Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Max Oberholtzer (UCM) 6-3, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9)
2. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Paul Vecchio (UCM) 6-2, 6-1
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Henry Burke (UCM) 6-4, 6-1
4. Inigo Flores (FMCM) def. Jordan Hodess (UCM) 6-2, 6-1
5. Will Samuels (FMCM) def. C DeFaber-Schumacher (UCM) 6-4, 6-0
6. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Devin Paulison (UCM) 6-1, 6-2
The Diplomats travel to Mary Washington tomorrow to take on the No. 21 Eagles at 1:00 p.m.