BALTIMORE, Md. – Franklin & Marshall visited Johns Hopkins on Wednesday night in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis, falling to the Blue Jays 8-1.
The Diplomats fell to 6-7, 5-2 CC while No. 21 Hopkins improved to 10-2, 6-0.
By the Numbers
The Blue Jays took the early lead with emphatic wins at No. 1 and 2 doubles, but the duo of Isaac Salas and Andrew Pace continued their strong run of doubles play with an 8-5 win at No. 3 to make the score 2-1 entering singles play.
Hopkins showed it deserved its ranking in singles action, taking all six matches to win 8-1. Jack Rothman put up a fight at No. 1 for F&M, but ultimately fell 6-4, 6-3.
1. David Perez (JHUM) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-4, 6-3
2. Cody Kim (JHUM) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-0, 6-3
3. Aaron Carey (JHUM) def. Zack Levin (FMCM) 6-1, 6-4
4. Justin Kang (JHUM) def. Inigo Flores (FMCM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Nathan Safran (JHUM) def. Will Samuels (FMCM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Matt Sklar (JHUM) def. Andrew Pace (FMCM) 6-1, 6-3
The Diplomats face another tough conference test on Saturday, visiting Swarthmore at 1:00 p.m.