LANCASTER, Pa. - In their home and Centennial Conference (CC) opener, Franklin & Marshall's women's tennis team put on a show, sweeping Ursinus by a 9-0 score on Saturday afternoon at Brooks Tennis Center.
The Diplomats brought their season record to 5-2, 1-0 CC with the team's fourth straight win and second consecutive 9-0 victory, while the Bears had a four-match winning streak snapped and fell to 6-2, 0-1 CC.
By the Numbers
The No. 25 nationally-ranked doubles duo of Nicole Russo and Allison Wolters continued their winning ways by blanking their opponents 8-0 at the No. 1 position. The dominating performance by the doubles teams helped propel the Diplomats to six impressive singles wins, which included five straight-set victories.
F&M has not lost to the Bears since 2011 with the program's fifth win in a row against Ursinus.
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Aileen Bevard (UCW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Nicole Russo (FMCW) def. Caitlyn Sorelle (UCW) 6-2, 6-2
3. Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Ashley Nguyen (UCW) 6-0, 2-6, 1-0 (10-6)
4. C.J. Rummelsburg (FMCW) def. Ariel Danziger (UCW) 6-1, 6-1
5. Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Robin Alsher (UCW) 6-1, 6-4
6. Alex Collins (FMCW) def. Christine Palazzolo (UCW) 6-4, 6-4
The Diplomats' continue CC play with an away match against McDaniel on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.