HAVERFORD, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's women's tennis team continued its scorching start to Centennial Conference (CC) play, downing Haverford by a 7-2 score on Saturday.
The win was the eighth straight for the Diplomats, who improved to 9-2, 5-0 CC while the Fords evened their record at 5-5, 3-1 CC.
By the Numbers
All three of F&M's doubles teams extended their lengthy win streaks to seven-consecutive matches, and once again sent the Diplomats into singles action with a 3-0 edge. The Diplomats followed by dominating the top half of the lineup with the No.'s 1-3 positions all garnering straight-set victories, including Allison Wolters at No. 1, who won her ninth-in-a-row.
F&M now holds a commanding 26-7 edge against its Conference foe and has taken each of the last three contests.
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Emily Shutman (HAVWTEN) 6-4, 6-4
2. Nicole Russo (FMCW) def. Greta Koch (HAVWTEN) 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
3. Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Abby Payson (HAVWTEN) 6-4, 6-4
4. Jane Bary (HAVWTEN) def. C.J. Rummelsburg (FMCW) 2-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-5)
5. Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Rory Lewis (HAVWTEN) 6-3, 6-1
6. Jessica Liu (HAVWTEN) def. Alex Collins (FMCW) 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
The Diplomats return to the courts on Wednesday by hosting Gettysburg for a 4:00 p.m. contest.