Franklin & Marshall Nets 9-0 Win Over Lebanon Valley in Women's Tennis
LANCASTER, PA - Franklin & Marshall College swept singles and doubles to hand the Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen a 9-0 defeat in women's tennis.
The match marked the first time that Franklin & Marshall and Lebanon Valley ever met in women's tennis since the Diplomats earned varsity status in 1974.
Overall, the Diplomats (1-1) coasted to the win as the #1 doubles pairing of Lizzy Denenberg (Jr., Wilmington, DE/Sanford School) and Barbara Bee (So., Millersville, PA/Penn Manor) defeated Leslie Sabas and Brooke Sensenig 8-5 to get things rolling.
Katie Gaskins (So., Richmond, VA/Mills Godwin) handled Sabas 6-2, 6-1 in singles for the first of six straight wins capped by 6-0, 6-0 wins by Marie Papalia (Sr., Chatham, NJ/Chatham) and Beth Conner (Sr., Leawood, KS/Shawnee Mission East) at #2 and #4 singles, respectively.
F&M 9, Lebanon Valley 0
(1) Bee & Denenberg (F&M) def. Sabas & Sensenig (LVC), 8-5
(2) Gaskins & Jenna Ishkanian (F&M) def. Kwon & Petiak (LVC), 8-0
(3) Conner & Papalia (F&M) def. Esh & Nicole Interdonato (LVC), 8-0
(1) Katie Gaskins (F&M) def. Leslie Sabas (LVC), 6-2, 6-1
(2) Marie Papalia (F&M) def. Brooke Sensenig (LVC), 6-0, 6-0
(3) Barbara Bee (F&M) def. Amanda Lubold (LVC), 6-1, 6-0
(4) Beth Conner (F&M) def. Sophia Kwon (LVC), 6-0, 6-0
(5) Lizzy Denenberg (F&M) def. Angela Esh (LVC), 6-1, 6-0
(6) Chrissy Hankel (F&M) def. Angela Petiak (LVC), 6-2, 6-0