Frequently Asked Questions: Sports Medicine

Q: What do I do if I cannot make it in during the 10-12 or 1-3 open ATR hours?

A: Contact your sports assigned Athletic Trainer to schedule an appointment. See staff link for assigned sports.

Q: Does F&M provide full medical benefits for varsity athlete's injured playing their varsity sport?

A: F&M offers a waiver plan in which students are able to save over $1600 on their tuition. That waiver also waves the first $5000 of medical coverage. If you purchased the college policy, your coverage will start at initial cost. For more information click here

Q: I have recently had surgery, a visit with a physician, physical therapist, chiropractor or other allied health professional back home. What paperwork do I need to provide to be cleared for participation in a varsity or club sport?

A: One of the issues that sometimes arises during the year is that of surgery that has occurred away from campus.  If this is your case you need to supply some information so that we are fully updated to your situation. Items such as surgical reports (ie. what the surgeon did), follow-up notes from the physician noting progress or return to sport. Please understand that simply providing a note that states you may return to sport in place of the above paperwork is not sufficient. The college physician has the ultimate say as to your participation in a varsity or club sport.