Returning Club Sport Student-Athlete
Men’s Rugby, Women’s Rugby, and Ice Hockey only
September 1st – First review date of the year for club sport athletes.
September 21st – This is the FINAL review date for the Fall Semester. There will not be any more clearances until the spring semester.
February 15th – This is the deadline for all reviews for the Spring Semester.
This process requires you to complete the following in order to participate in your particular sport for the upcoming season. It is VITAL that all Fall Club Sport Teams complete this process by their particular due dates in order to be ready for their season. No medical risk assessments will be done on any other date. Club Sport Athletes do NOT get annual physicals at the Student Wellness Center unless they determine from the review you need to come in for a physical. Your coach/captain will be given a list of who is cleared and who needs to be seen in the Student Wellness Center.
We track and follow whoever is on the roster given to us by the Team Captain who collects it from your coach and/or team captain. If you are not on the official team roster, you will not be tracked. Please make sure you are on the team’s official roster as we cannot track people who we don’t know are on the team.
I. Please Read the Following PDF files prior to moving on as the medical history forms have questions pertaining to these files:
II. READ THIS CLOSELY! = To complete the medical history update, ATS does NOT WORK WELL WITH SAFARI, please do not use Safari to complete this process. The system works best with Internet Explorer, but we have had success with Firefox and Chrome. If you have any issues, please contact someone from the sports medicine staff. The system is working fine, but you may have things preventing it from functioning perfectly on your own web browser.
To get started, you must visit here.
1. Click "ATS Athlete Portal"
The username and password are what you set up when you set up your account, it was not given to you by F&M. If you do not remember, please use the account retrieval button “forgot your password?” to get your information. The email address used to collect your information is the email address YOU gave the system. If you didn’t use your F&M email address, you cannot use your F&M email address to get your password. We HIGHLY recommend you use your F&M email address on your account, please feel free to change it while inside the system. Please make sure you turn off your Pop-Up blocker in order to request your password, the request feature is a pop-up and you need to allow your browser to bring it up. If you are still having issues, email or call a member of the Sports Medicine Staff.
2. On ATS Main Menu, click Athlete Information, it is the first item.
3. On the first tab which is labeled "General", review this information for accuracy, make changes as needed. It is important this is accurate as it will travel with you to contests. It is highly advised to set your email to your F&M email address on this page. Also, please update the lower sections labeled: Medical Alerts (serious medical conditions and number of concussions including the most recent one), Allergies, and Current Medications. At the bottom click the “Save Athlete Information” button. If you made NO changes, please click the “Verify Athlete Information” button.
4. Click the tab labeled "Insurance". Review this information for accuracy as it is what we will use for medical needs and it greatly helps speed up the care process. Add or Delete as necessary. If you made NO changes, please click the “Verify Athlete Information” button.
5. Click the tab labeled "Contacts". Review this information to make sure you wish to continue using these individual(s) as your primary contacts in the event an emergency occurs. If you made NO changes, please click the “Verify Athlete Information” button.
6. Click the tab labeled "Athlete Forms". Click the bar labeled "Form Name" on this tab. Select "Returning Athlete Health History Form" from the bar. Hit the "New" button next to the bar. After the form loads, answer all of the questions. When you have completed this form, hit "save".
7. You are now done with the ATS Medical History review and may logout of the system.
II. Other Items to consider:
1. If you have had a surgery, medical change since last physical here, or something significant occurs over the summer, please bring medical documentation of your injury or illness with you. It is a very important part of the process to be cleared. Paperwork to consider: Xray/MRI/CAT Scan reports, Office Visit Notes, Surgical Notes/Clearances, and Blood Work.
All paperwork can be mailed early if able:Franklin & Marshall College Department of Sports Medicine PO Box 3003 Lancaster, PA 17604
2. IMPACT Test – The baseline test you did during your first year on a club team (or varsity) is sufficient for your four years at F&M. Please do NOT complete another baseline test as it is an unneeded step.
Please contact the Franklin & Marshall College Sports Medicine Department at 717-358-4111 if you have any questions or problems.
You are ready to be reviewed by the Student Wellness Center for your season. We will notify your Head Coach and Team Captain after your medical risk assessment has been completed.