COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team delivered a decisive 8-1 win against Ursinus on Tuesday afternoon to remain unbeaten in Centennial Conference (CC) action.
The win improved the Diplomats, who are ranked 20th in the Mid-Atlantic Region, to 4-4, 2-0 CC while the Bears dropped to 3-7, 0-3 CC.
By the Numbers
Adrian Charchalis and Nicholas Hallal were the first to register a win from the No. 3 doubles spot, coming away with an 8-0 sweep. Isaac Salas and Zack Levin tallied their six-straight doubles win with an 8-3 victory from the No. 1 spot.
1. Isaac Salas/Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Mason Groff/Matt Fontanese (UCMT) 8-3
2. Andrew Pace/Tristan Steffe (FMCM) def. C. DeFaberSchumacher/Simbarashe Kanjanda (UCMT) 8-2
3. Adrian Charchalis/Nicholas Hallal (FMCM) def. Jake Lachowicz/Kyle Bookman (UCMT) 8-0
1. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Mason Groff (UCMT) 6-1, 6-1
2. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. C. DeFaberSchumacher (UCMT) 1-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-2)
3. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Matt Fontanese (UCMT) 6-1, 6-1
4. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Jake Lachowicz (UCMT) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kyle Bookman (UCMT) def. Aaron Seidman (FMCM) 3-6, 6-1, 1-0 (11-9)
6. Tristan Steffe (FMCM) def. No player (UCMT), by default
The Diplomats take on Haverford in their home opener on Saturday, April 6 at 12:00 p.m in Lancaster.