ORLANDO, Fla. - Franklin & Marshall's women's tennis team ended their Florida Spring Break trip on a high note with a 6-3 victory over Ohio Wesleyan on Wednesday afternoon in Orlando.
The Diplomats, who went 2-1 during their trip, improved to 2-3 overall for the season, while the Battling Bishops fell to 1-7.
By the Numbers
F&M was strong in doubles play with wins in two of the three matchups. Singles was close throughout as three matches needed the super tiebreaker set to decide the outcome. Allison Wolters (No. 1) and Lauren Wang (No. 3) each swept their opponents.
The matchup against Ohio Wesleyan marked the first time these two programs met.
1. Allison Wolters/Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Lauren Corcoran/Ale Coronel-Zegarra (OWUW) 8-4
2. Diamond Person/Meryl Reams (OWUW) def. Lauren Wang/Emma Wu (FMCW) 8-5
3. Alex D'Angelo/Marissa Witmer (FMCW) def. Sydney Simmons/Ruthie Silberman (OWUW) 8-3
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Lauren Corcoran (OWUW) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ale Coronel-Zegarra (OWUW) def. Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-4)
3. Lauren Wang (FMCW) def. Diamond Person (OWUW) 6-3, 6-3
4. Alex D'Angelo (FMCW) def. Meryl Reams (OWUW) 2-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Marissa Witmer (FMCW) def. Sydney Simmons (OWUW) 5-7, 7-5, 1-0 (10-6)
6. Ruthie Silberman (OWUW) def. Caroline Ulrich (FMCW) 6-0, 6-3
F&M returns from Florida to open Centennial Conference (CC) play on Thursday, March 21 when the Diplomats travel to take on Ursinus at 4:00 p.m.