LANCASTER, Pa. - Franklin & Marshall's women's tennis team wrapped up its regular season on Saturday afternoon with a 9-0 shutout of Centennial Conference (CC)-opponent Muhlenberg in Lancaster.
The Diplomats, who improved to 9-6, 7-3 CC, clinched the No. 4 seed for next week's Centennial Tournament and are set to make their sixth straight appearance in the Playoffs. The Mules saw their season draw to a close with a 2-14, 1-9 CC record.
CC Playoff Outlook
F&M will host No. 5 seed Gettysburg in the CC First Round on Tuesday. Match time will be determined on Monday. The Diplomats downed the Bullets by a 6-3 tally back on April 17th on the road.
By the Numbers
1. Allison Wolters/Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Maria Stere/Meghan Olsen (MUHL) 8-2
2. Emma Wu/Lauren Wang (FMCW) def. Shelby Knafo/Carly Lodise (MUHL) 8-2
3. Caroline Ulrich/Marissa Witmer (FMCW) def. Jessica Sommer/Rose Glantz (MUHL) 8-0
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Maria Stere (MUHL) 6-0, 6-0
2. Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Meghan Olsen (MUHL) 6-1, 6-2
3. Emma Wu (FMCW) def. Shelby Knafo (MUHL) 6-1, 6-0
4. Lauren Wang (FMCW) def. Carly Lodise (MUHL) 8-1
5. Alex D'Angelo (FMCW) def. Jessica Sommer (MUHL) 8-0
6. Ella Mure (FMCW) def. Rose Glantz (MUHL) 8-0